Kian

Kian

Thursday 18 March 2010

Quick update

Kian has got his appointment through to be measured for some lycra shorts. This is at the end of April. I think his top half of his body could be helped also but we will see how the shorts go. Hopefully this will give more stability for Kian to stand and hopefully take those steps for his physio goal!

I went to a makaton group yesterday at Kian's nursery. It was really good and I learned some new interesting signs. Most of them were food, yum, mine and Kian's favourite thing. Going to the group I think gives you more encouragement about signing. The therapist running the group was lovely. I also met a parent who has a little boy in Kian's class which was lovely. We will hopefully keep in touch.

Our OT is coming next week to see if she has a chair that Kian could use at home for activites. The one we have is a little young for him now. I was looking forward to going out and buying a little table and chair set for him, but if the OT has something more suitable we will go with it.

6 months for Kian without a seizure. You really do dread writing those words as you never know what is round the corner. He is doing really well at the moment and seems so happy and healthy. Fingers crossed.

I went to a workshop on tuesday for confident parenting. It was based on your children having behaviour issues. My reason for going was to be proactive about Kian and his behaviour. He gets so frustrated through lack of communication and mobility. I found it quite useful. Some stories you hear from parents, especially in mainstream school are horrendous!

Im off to a workshop next week ran by Afasic who are a speech and communication charity. This is about advocacy for parents. I think this will be greatly helpful! http://www.afasic.org.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment